For the following emergency events first call:
- 911 for fire, burglary, attempted break-in, or medical emergency
- 855-623-1510 (Florida Power & Light) to report downed power line
- 800-427-7712 (Florida Public Utilities) to report a gas leak
- 561-533-7300 Lake Worth Utilities
If you have an emergency repair after business hours and cannot wait until the next business day, you may call the Neighborhood Renaissance emergency number: (754) 235-7479. Call the office number at 832-6776 ext. 104 to report emergencies during normal business hours.
The emergency phone is for after-hours use only. If you have an emergency during business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm) call the office number at 832-6776 ext. 107.
What is an Emergency and When to Use the 24 hour Emergency Phone Number
1) Plumbing Emergencies: Are defined as flooding water or sewage from a leaking or burst pipe that cannot be contained in a bucket, by mopping, or with rags. If turning off the fixture’s shut-off valve or the house water shut-off valve does not stop the water flow. If the sewerage leak cannot be contained within the toilet, sink or tub.
a) If the burst is outside of the house, determine its location either near the meter or close to the house.
b) Attempt to unclog a toilet with a plunger before calling the emergency number or the office.
c) Call us if water cannot be stopped or sewage cannot be contained within the plumbing fixture.
d) If household can do without water until regular business hours, the next day a plumber will be ordered, tenant contact information given to plumber, plumber will schedule a time to meet the tenant on the premises and fix the problem. It is your responsibility to be available for the appointment. Neighborhood Renaissance will accompany the plumber if you cannot make the home available.
e) If life or health issues are present such as infants or elderly in home, a plumber will be sent immediately.
f) If the plumber finds that the tenant was the cause of the clogged sewer line, you may be charged for the service call and repairs.
2) Gas leak – every gas leak is a life safety issue and must be reported immediately.
a) First call Florida Public Utilities (FPUC) at 800-427-7712 and report the problem. FPUC will probably send a truck to turn of the gas immediately.
b) After calling FPUC, call the Neighborhood Renaissance and report the gas leak and, if possible, state what appliance it is coming from such as water heater, range or dryer. Neighborhood Renaissance will contact a plumber to make repairs the next business day. Your contract information will be exchanged with the plumber to arrange a time to visit property and fix problem. It is your responsibility to be available for the appointment. We will accompany the plumber if you cannot make the home available.
3) Electrical emergencies are defined as tripped electrical breaker switches that will not reset after one attempt, shocking from an appliance or sparking outlets. Take the following steps and precautions:
a) Determine that the electrical problem or outage is not specific to your home by calling the electric company. The problem may be an area wide outage.
b) Reset the breakers. Do not attempt to reset breakers after one attempt. Either there is a short in the line caused by a switch, outlet, or an appliance is causing the problem. Appliances include things such as oven, washer/dryer, microwave/hood, lamp, toaster, radio/tv, etc.
c) Call to report problem. We will contact an electrician to repair the problem. Your contact information will be exchanged with the electrician to arrange a time to visit property and fix problem. It is your responsibility to be available for the appointment. Neighborhood Renaissance will accompany the electrician if you cannot make the home available.
d) If the electrician finds that it was a simple case of a tripped breaker, you may be charged for the service call.
4) Roof leaks: Move your belongings out of the way, if possible, set up a container to catch the water. If the leak is not severe call Neighborhood Renaissance the next business day.
5) Lockouts: If you are locked-out after normal business hours, we cannot help you. It is your responsibility to leave a spare key with a trusted person.