Join Our Team.
Real Estate Development Director
Want to make a difference? Headquartered in West Palm Beach, Neighborhood Renaissance, Inc. (NRI) is a dynamic nonprofit housing developer with a growing and diverse portfolio of affordable homes and rentals in Florida. We are a dedicated to building and supporting strong economies and diverse communities by investing in homes that are within the financial reach of low and moderate-income households. We envision diverse and robust communities where all residents have access to quality homes as well as educational and employment opportunities allowing them to thrive and reach their full potential.
We enjoy working smart and hard, the best ideas win, and your contribution to our team’s performance is the only constraint to your growth. We mentor our Associates, give them as much responsibility as they can handle, and award autonomy and career growth as merited. We strive to bring out the best in our people and empower them to bring out the best in the communities we serve.
Using research, analytical and administrative skills, the Project Manager furthers the agency’s affordable housing mission and supports the Real Estate Development Director by undertaking diverse responsibilities in all aspects of the development process including due diligence, acquisition, entitlement, financial modeling, project management, construction and the preparation of funding applications.
• Research, analyze and interpret federal, state and local government affordable housing program rules, regulations, and qualified allocation plans.
• Maintain working knowledge of affordable housing funding sources.
• Search for development opportunities using internet and search engines for Request for Qualifications/Proposals and property acquisition opportunities; analyze the opportunity, conduct preliminary due diligence, assist and assemble the response for submission in a timely manner.
• Read and understand real estate due diligence materials, including Phase 1 reports, title reports and ALTA surveys.
• Evaluate zoning and development codes on the front end and flag potential acquisition issues.
• Assist with preparation and submittal of loan and grant applications to federal, state and local government finance and procurement agencies; help facilitate an efficient proposal/application production process.
• Assist in research and market data collection, and updating records for mapping projects using Google Earth, Google Maps.
• Prepare and manage budgets, including the full project underwriting, tracking potential cost impacts, loan terms, cash flow forecasts and costs.
• Cultivate real estate broker relationships.
• Research and evaluate all aspects of real estate acquisition and ownership including identification of financial sources and development strategies.
• Under the direction of the RE Director, prepare purchase offers, letters of intent and negotiate contracts with sellers and lessors of real estate.
• Maintain and update market analysis database to support key assumptions.
• Assist with entitlement/zoning documents, application processing, title review and exceptions for properties under contract.
• Assist the team with underwriting, financial closing, and stabilization of properties.
• Assist in assembling the development team, including drafting request for proposals and obtaining bids for professional services.
• Monitor contracts and performance of project partners such as, general contractors, architects, surveyors, geo tech, soils engineers, etc.
• Attend and conduct project team meetings during pre-development and construction phases.
• Help to oversee the construction management process including preparation of requisitions and draw requests, review of construction pay applications, collaborating with Finance department and accounting firms for cost certifications and project closeout.
• Accrue a working knowledge of the Low-income Tax Credit program, other federal, state and local funding sources such as SAIL and HOME.
• Produce reports required by funders and investors.
• Attend meetings and workshops as necessary.
• Maintain pertinent paper and electronic files and records by naming conventions, ensuring complete, accurate, and organized files.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
• Strong commitment and belief in NRI’s mission.
• Experience with state or federal housing programs, particularly the LIHTC program under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code is a strong plus.
• Multi-family and/or affordable housing experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree with focus in Real Estate preferred.
• Technical skills in site planning and government entitlements.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Unwavering attention to detail & results oriented.
• Excellent analytical, administrative and organizational skills.
• Expertise in spreadsheet creation and analysis.
• Understanding of market and industry trends.
• Proficient user of MS Office suite products and expert user of MS Excel.
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, ArcGIS and/or Google Earth a plus.
• Strong research, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present clearly and effectively.
• Able to travel. Driver’s license and own transportation.
• Full-time position. Schedule: Monday – Friday. Flexible hours. Combination of remote, field & office work.
• $80,000 – $100,000 depending upon qualifications
• Health, dental, vision insurance, 401 k plan
• Paid time off
• Equal Employment Opportunity
Email cover letter & resume to: Terri Murray, Executive Director email@example.com
Founded in 1992, Neighborhood Renaissance is a proven community-based organization dedicated to building and supporting strong economies and diverse communities in South Florida by providing homes that are within the financial reach of low-income families and individuals.